√ Functions as a donor of methyl groups in over 100 different reactions catalyzed by methyltransferase enzymes, as well as a precursor molecule for glutathione and polyamine synthesis*
√ Supports positive mood and cognitive function*
- In a meta-analysis involving 25 controlled trials and 791 individuals, SAMe offered statistically significant support for positive mood*
- Promotes healthy protein turnover to support healthy CNS function*
- Maintains healthy phospholipid methylation to support phosphatidylcholine production and cellular membrane integrity and fluidity*
- Supports neurotransmitter monoamine synthesis and function, including dopamine and serotonin, through SAMe-dependent methylation reactions*
√ Promotes liver function by supporting glutathione production*
- Clinical trials indicate that SAMe administration enhances glutathione production in hepatic tissue and red blood cells*
√ Enhances joint comfort by supporting proteoglycan synthesis, as well as helping to stabilize and protect proteoglycans*
- In a 16-week randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial involving 56 subjects, SAMe offered statistically significant support for joint comfort*
√ Maintains healthy cell growth and cytokine balance by supporting healthy polyamine production*
- SAMe (S-adenosylmethionine)200 mg. (from S-adenosyl-L-methionine disulphate tosylate)
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose), calcium oxide, ascorbyl palmitate, calcium chloride, vegetarian capsule (cellulose, gellan gum, water)
If pregnant, nursing, or taking other medications, consult healthcare practitioner before using this product. Keep out of reach of children.
SAMe has been associated with flatulence, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, dry mouth, headache, mild insomnia, anorexia, sweating, dizziness, and nervousness. Anxiety and tiredness have occurred in people with depression, and hypomania in people with bipolar disorder. Consult your physician for more information.
SAMe is contra-indicated with anti-depressant medication, consult your physician for more information.
Disclaimer: While we attempt to ensure that each and every product information is correct, from time to time manufacturers may alter or change their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site, and written in our descriptions. We "strongly" recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented on this website and that you always read the labels, warnings, and directions before using a product. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Neuronutrition Associates assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
This product requires refrigeration.